Hi everyone! What a lovely surprise this is…I’ve been nominated for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” by the incredible Sarah Garratt of The Lit Bear. She’s a very talented writer who posts everything from poetry to short fiction, and it’s always a joy to read her work. I suggest you go check her out if you haven’t already. Thank you, Sarah! Now, the rules are as follow:
- Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Ok, so here are seven facts about myself:
- I’ve been actively studying flute performance since I was in the fourth grade, and am currently playing in a few ensembles and an orchestra. Actually, that’s the main reason why I’ve been slower to post lately; I’m rehearsing from nine in the morning until five. I also play the piano (but not well). I pretty much can’t survive without music.
- I wrote my first “novel” (quotes because at the time, I thought it was the single greatest work of literature in existence) when I was eight. It was seventy-five handwritten pages and about a dog who snuck to school in his owner’s backpack. First rate stuff, right there.
- I have a 130 lb Bernese Mountain Dog named Luna, and three hermit crabs named Armando, Philomena, and Seamus. I used to have three turtles (Giovanna, Luigi, and Luciana) and two snakes, and to this day turtles remain my favorite animals.
- I’m about half Italian, and whenever my dad’s side of the family gets together, we make the most delicious strombolis and pizzas from scratch. My favorite dish would have to be baked zidi, though. I’ve recently fallen into a cooking and baking kick.
- I’m trying to learn French, because I think it would be so cool to be bilingual. I’ve been taking lessons for about two years.
- Though I have an infinite amount of respect for the independent publishing industry, it’s always been my dream to have a book published traditionally. You know; the agent, the editor, the whole shebang.
- I’m kind of sort of obsessed with Doctor Who, BBC’s Sherlock, and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (it’s an anime, in case you didn’t know…). I also pledge allegiance to Nerdfighteria (the awesome community created by John and Hank Green, the Vlogbrothers.)
So now you know more about me than I’ve ever posted on this blog. Here are the spectacular bloggers who I have nominated, and you should definitely visit:
- Silver Pen Writers’ Society
- No Talent For Certainty
- Syntatic Static
- Jovisgoes on a Journey…
- Chasing Rabbits
- orange is a fruit
- Strangers and Poetry
- The Walking Blues
- The Line Between Lilac and Purple
- Silent Dugood
- Frances Justine
To the nominated blogs: please don’t feel obligated to complete every step exactly; I just wanted to give you some recognition for being amazing. Thank you again to Sarah of The Lit Bear for nominating me, and thanks to all of the above blogs for being awesome!