Writer’s block may seem like a terminal illness, but sometimes the smallest of sparks can “kindle” your craft. Today I bring you a list of ten 1-2 sentence writing prompts that will help build up your white blood cells and give writer’s block a good kick in the pants. Copy them, tweak them, consider them, leave them. It’s up to you!
- The doctor kept the room uncomfortably warm.
- They took to each other like wick and flame.
- She dunked the silk dress in oil.
- He shrugged, unconcerned, and plopped the dead rabbit at her feet.
- She only now seemed to realize the blood down the front of her shirt.
- His eyeteeth glisten when he smiles.
- “You straddle conclusions like a horse,” she accused.
- All he cared about was the flame in his gut that licked against his insides, telling him to burn, to burn until there was no fury left.
- His voice went for the jugular.
- The stones of the floor looked to be swelling, changing, climbing towards her face as she turned down the hall.
I’d love to hear what you come up with. Feel free to share your writing in the comments!