Today my day was made ten times more spectacular when the very talented Miss Smoak of Secret Diary of an MD Student nominated me for the Liebster Award. Her blog is a haven of witty yet down-to-earth writings, and you should definitely swing on over and follow her. Thank you, Miss Smoak!
The Liebster Award was originally created to recognize and discover gifted new bloggers, and the word “liebster” even means “dearest” or “beloved” in German. I’m very humbled to have been nominated for it, and will go ahead with the steps because I think it’s a great way to bring new blogs into the limelight.
The rules are as follow:
The Liebster Award Rules
- Thank the nominator and post a link to his/her blog ✓
- Display the award on your blog ✓
- Answer the eleven questions provided by the nominator ✓
- Nominate 5-11 blogs which have less than 1,000 followers, and let them know they’ve been nominated ✓
- Make up and post eleven questions for your nominees to answer ✓
- Post these rules on your blog ✓
Here are the questions from Miss Smoak’s blog:
1) What’s your favourite live-by quote?
I have a notebook that I jot down all my ideas in, and when I first bought it I wrote a famous Victor Hugo quote on the first page:
Greater than the tread of mighty armies is an idea whose time has come.
This quote is really important to me because ideas are what shape the world, and I think that too many people keep theirs hidden.
2) What is something people would find surprising about you?
Hmm…that’s a hard one… Probably that I have a really sarcastic brain, but I keep to myself and am afraid to repel people so much that you’d never know just how snarky I am.
3) What’s your most precious childhood memory?
I have plenty, but the one that comes to mind is catching my first fish with my dad on Lake Winnipesauke in New Hampshire. Fishing was something my dad and I always bonded over, and my mom even claims that my first sentence was “Daddy caught a fish!”
4) What is your biggest fear?
My biggest fear is that I’ll offend people, which kind of goes hand in hand with question two.
5) Who is your all-time favorite character?
Seriously, that’s like asking me to pick a favorite child. I have favorite protagonists, favorite villains, favorite side characters, favorite original characters… But in the end I’m usually brought back to Luna Lovegood of the Harry Potter series. She’s quirky and otherworldly and funny and brilliant…and not afraid to be different. Which I know sounds really cliché, but it’s true.
6) What do you do when you need to cheer up?
I take my mind off the ‘bad’ stuff by writing, reading, painting, composing, crocheting, playing video games, etc. If that fails, then a steaming cup of tea and Doctor Who marathon usually does the trick.
7) A song you couldn’t live without?
My favorite song changes with my mood. At this very second, I can’t live without “True Strength” by John Dreamer. You can listen to it here.
8) Who is the person you trust most?
Don’t tell her I said this, but my sister. We’ve always been really close, and even though we bug the heck out of each other sometimes, I can’t think of anyone I trust more (besides my lovely parents, of course).
9) An event you’re looking forward to?
A lot of big events in my life have just passed, and things are pretty quiet for now. One thing I am looking forward to is the Doctor Who season 8 premiere on August 23rd. That might sound like I have no life, but…yeah, I have no life.
10) Which Jane Austen heroine are you most like?
I really had to think about this one! I’d have to say I’m a Lizzie Bennet/Elinor Dashwood hybrid. Like Lizzie, I have the ability to find amusement in absurd situations, and like Elinor, I am quiet and steadfast.
11) If you could start your life all over again, would you do it?
No, absolutely not. Considering that I’m young and still in school, there’s not much I can think of that I’d want to do over. I think I want to see what life has in store for me before I decide I want to start it again.
Ok, so here are five amazing blogs I think are more than deserving of the Liebster Award (and you should definitely check out):
- Real Girl; No Name
- word is bond
- Through the Fog poetry
- Glass Half Fuller
And here are my eleven questions:
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
- What would you title the autobiography of your life?
- At what age did you become an adult? (if ever)
- What question do you hate to answer?
- Who is your hero and why?
- If you suddenly had the ability to time travel, but only for one trip, where and when would you go?
- What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
- What’s the most striking dream you can remember? Have you ever had a lucid dream?
- If you could have any super power, what would it be?
- If you could be an expert in any field, what field or subject would it be?
- Do you collect anything?
Once again, thank you to Miss Smoak for nominating me!