Writer’s block may seem like a terminal illness, but sometimes the smallest of sparks can “kindle” your craft. Today I bring you a list of ten 1-2 sentence writing prompts that will help build up your white blood cells and give writer’s block a good kick in the pants. Copy them, tweak them, consider them, leave them. It’s up to you!
- The audience gasps as one.
- I stir the tea leaves furiously.
- My old house looks haunted tonight.
- That night, I slept under the dead tree.
- The steamboat’s engine shuddered to a halt.
- My voice rings against the ceiling beams of the church.
- I don’t remember the impact, but I remember the pain. And then I remember the black.
- He planted a light kiss on the urn, and hid it away under his bed.
- “Hail Gary, full of paste,” the little boy prayed fervently into his steepled hands.
- I squished the spider in the bathtub with my shampoo bottle, and I’m quite proud of myself.
I’d love to hear what you come up with. Feel free to share your writing in the comments!
2 thoughts on “Writing Kindling #8”
Oh, I really like this post. I’m going to have to prod at a few of these sentences, to be sure!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! I’m glad you like it. 🙂